Creamy Basil Pesto Sauce
All you need is a blender and voila, a great tasty sauce packed with green goodness your body will thank you for!
2 (220g pasta sauce)
Sauce / Meals
Rate This Recipe!
About This Recipe
By: Noriko Shindo
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to get your plant-based essential nutrients, this creamy basil pesto is just for you! Packed with Vitamin B12, Omega-3, and enzymes from all the raw greens. Can use as a pasta sauce or a sauce for your grilled/steamed veggies.
- 50g Fresh Basil
- 2 branches or 50g Spinach
- 1/2 Avocado
- 3 (generous scoops) Tablespoons Raw walnuts
- 1 clove garlic (you can use 2 if you like it strong)
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast (can omit if you do not have)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
This recipe gives you a great boost in iron, of which the absorption is supported by the Vitamin C you get from the lemon. Also a great source of Vitamin B12 (if you add in the recipe)! Don’t be taken aback by the calories; it’s totally worth every one!
- Iron (Helps function of hemoglobin) 29% 29%
- Potassium (supports blood pressure, cardiovascular health, bone & muscle strength) 19% 19%
- Calcium (helps strengthen bones, heart, and muscles) 8% 8%
Step by Step Instructions
Put all the ingredients in a blender. If your blender is not strong, cut the basil and spinach into small pieces before doing so.
Blend until creamy.
Taste. Add salt if you want more salty, more lemon if you want more tangy, and olive oil if you want more creamy.
If you are using this as a pasta sauce:
Cook pasta for recommended time, and empty the sauce in a saucepan. Add 3 tablespoons of the pasta water into the saucepan and mix well. Then add the pasta into the saucepan and toss. Add some salt if you think it has thinned out at this point. If you want a steaming hot bowl of pasta, we do this on low heat, but the heat is not necessary.