Hiyashi Chuka Sauce
Staple noodle dish for summer, but we love it all year round.
Rate This Recipe!
About This Recipe
By: Noriko Shindo
When it’s tough to buy noodles to your liking with a sauce that is plant-based and tasty….you start making at home! This is a staple Japanese / Chinese fusion dish that is commonly seen in the summer in most ramen stands in Japan. I love it all year round though!
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar (rice or wine vinegar)
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- (Optional) 1/2 Teaspoon Chinese broth
The nutritional value will not change too significantly if you substitute the coconut sugar with regular sugar.
- Sodium (helps maintain body functions and maintain fluid and blood volume) 39% 39%
- Fat (helps absorb vitamins, build cell membranes, and insulate the nervous system) 17% 17%
- Iron (Helps function of hemoglobin) 0.1% 0.1%
Step by Step Instructions
Mix everything and stir to fully incorporate the sugar.
Serve on a cold bed of noodles with veg toppings of your choice!